Please see message below from Cheshire Neighbourhood Watch Association:
Cheshire Neighbourhood Watch Association (CNWA) are looking for someone to take on the voluntary role of Social Media expert to raise awareness of Neighbourhood Watch and to engage with our audiences in Cheshire. We need someone who can join our team and make a significant contribution to our goals and communications through reaching and engaging our audiences on social media. We have basic activity for CNWA on social media and are keen to improve our reach and engagement via these channels.
You will help us to modernise our appeal and spread the word about the benefits of membership of Neighbourhood Watch; these include helping people to feel and stay safe and to feel part of their local communities.
The role of voluntary Social Media expert includes the following:
- Develop an understanding of the goals and values of CNWA and of the Neighbourhood Watch Network (a national organisation).
- Review our current social media activity and make recommendations to extend our reach to new and key audiences and improve our engagement with them.
- Coordinate with the Neighbourhood Watch Network campaigns calendar, and work with other partners of CNWA to tailor messages for our audiences and execute social media campaigns.
- Help to develop new content that is fresh and engaging in order to reach new audiences, raise awareness of specific projects or initiatives and maintain engagement with existing supporters.
- Engage with our followers and supporters and encourage interaction. Maintain and manage social media channels on a regular basis.
- Become a member of the CNWA committee which meets roughly monthly to provide ongoing support and advice.
- Linking in with our Communications Lead (currently being recruited).
As we know that time is precious to volunteers, we are open to working with two or more people sharing this role and are keen to hear from anyone interested, even if you feel that you can’t fulfil all the requirements above.
Please get in touch for an informal chat. This gives you an opportunity to ask any questions and for us to learn about you. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details (name, address and phone number), and a brief description of your relevant skills and experience, and reasons for applying.