Please see message below from Cheshire Neighbourhood Watch Association:
Cheshire Neighbourhood Watch Association (CNWA) are looking for someone to take on the voluntary role of Communications lead to help promote Neighbourhood Watch and to increase our membership in Cheshire. We need someone who can work with our team and make a significant contribution to the development of our association by guiding and advising on communication with stakeholders.
You will work with us to spread the word about the benefits of membership of Neighbourhood Watch; these include helping people to feel and stay safe and to feel part of their local communities.
The role of voluntary Communications Lead includes the following:
- Develop an understanding of the goals and values of CNWA and of the Neighbourhood Watch Network (a national organisation).
- Review our existing communications strategy and update it to maximise our impact.
- Work with the Neighbourhood Watch Network, our contacts in Cheshire Constabulary and other partners of CNWA to ensure that our association communicates with our stakeholders and audiences according to our overall objectives. The volunteer will work with our Social Media expert, currently being recruited.
- Take responsibility for the CNWA website, ensuring that it is up to date and provides content appropriate to our stakeholders and audiences.
- Become a member of the CNWA committee which meets roughly monthly to provide ongoing support and advice.
If you are interested in this role, we are keen to hear from you for an informal chat. This gives you an opportunity to ask any questions and for us to learn about you. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details (name, address and phone number), and a brief description of your relevant skills and experience and reasons for applying.